The Twelve Days of Packing

It's really getting down to crunchy crunchy time for our little moving family. Unfortunately, the closer we get to June 14th, the more I just want to hunker down under the covers with Zotz and a light and fluffy book.

My friend Suzanne, who has read everything, suggested that Obo might like the Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging series. I don't know if I've ever mentioned that Obo is half Brit, but he is, and so is Georgia Nicholson, the 14-year-old main character and confessor in the Rennison series. Obo devoured the books.

While he was reading those, I was reading The Penderwicks on Gardam Street. Obo kept harrassing me, so I finally moved on to the snog-fest (there is truly an Atlantic of difference between the Pendewicks and the Nicholsons).

I love Georgia, though, and her habits of adding "osity" to the end of every adjective and harrassing the school groundskeeper. Georgia has even added a glossary to the American books, so that the people from Hamburger-a-gogo land will know what she's saying.

They are the perfect books for someone who is trying very hard not to think about the incredibly near future.

Comments