Resolutions to Go

It's a fresh start in fresh snow.

The powdery stuff fell all day yesterday, and now everything that was beginning to look so ugly when the last snow melted looks all romantically fluffy again.

The lake has frozen, too. I think R and Sweet Potato are planning to venture out there tomorrow, and I have to say that if I think about it too much, I'm sick to my stomach nervous about that. Our neighbors have been up and down it on their snow mobiles, though, and no one has drown today.

We had a good New Year's Eve with Frog Boy and his parents. They brought minestrone, and we played Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader. That would have been a good game to play during the ice storm. Frog Boy insisted on going home a half hour before midnight, so it was a quiet ringing in of the new year, but it was good.

Today we had stuffed lobster and steaks with the FMF. I celebrated by drinking a lot of soda. Now I need New Year's purification.

This year I resolve:

To read a poem every day
To chill out-- and I don't mean I want to spend more time in the cold. I just need to relax. What's the point of the fretting anyway?

Oh, and that reminds me. It was 2 below zero last night. It was my first time in negative weather, that I can remember. Tonight it's just plain ol' zero. I'm still surviving it.

And now, Sweet Potato demands that I tuck her into bed. Happy New Year!

Comments

Janice said…
Oh, I like your New Year's dinner. I thought I had it good with Prime Rib. But.... Hope it warms up soon. This weather is good for nothing.