Day Eight: Frogs and Nasturtiums

The poppies may be drowning, but the nasturtiums are thriving. I forgot I planted these little guys by the neighbor's swings, and I when I took Buckaroo over there for a ride, they were all popped up and waving at me.
The package said they won't flower much with over watering and rich soil, but I don't even care! I'm just so happy to see a familiar leaf.

R's mom planted a bunch of these white bloomers around the house, and they're finally bursting with the sunshine. I don't know what they're called, but the neighbor is growing them, too, and hers are purple. Here's an up-close shot:

Other exciting news: Frog Boy and his mama came over today for a swim, and Buckaroo was so excited to have a playmate that he pinched and squeezed and pulled hair and completely traumatized Frog Boy. Buckaroo also shared his chips and fed Frog Boy some peach, so I hope that made up for the abuse.

While we were in the lake we saw a big, stripy frog, and he sloshed through the water with big splashes.

Also, it turns out that Frog Mama and her husband were married the exact same day as R and me. Also, our boys were conceived one day apart. How crazy is that?-- we've been living the same lives on opposite sides of the country.

Oh, and they like to water ski, so when R gets back we're all going out on the water before it gets too coldy.

Now Buckaroo is napping, so I'm off to unpack a box and read the new Anne Brashares book, The Last Summer (of You and Me), which is not part of the Traveling Pants series but has some promise anyway.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I believe that little flowers is a Clematis???? but not positive, because I think they are a vine...
Beautimus, anywho.. QW