Day Two: Take Out


Buckaroo and I woke up at 8 a.m. with the help of my handy dandy new cell phone with alarm. We are on the fast track to East Coast time now. We dashed out the door and into the dagnabbed rain for a trip to the not-so-local library's story time. Our local library doesn't believe in storytime, it seems. They also don't have an online card catalog or seem to enjoy their patrons all that much, but I've heard a rumor that they don't ever charge late fees, so who can complain?


We drove the half hour down to the faraway library, and then Buckaroo was grumpy and cried and wanted to nurse through all of the nursery rhyme songs. He wasn't even interested in the shiny green bear sticker at the end.


The trip, however, was not a total loss because on the way home I stopped at A Taste of Vietnam for an $8 bowl of soup. I don't know what they're brewing in that soup to make it so expensive, but it's possibly the only Vietnamese place in all of North Central Massachusetts so I imagine I'll go back for more. It was tasty. It tasted a tad different from the pho I know, but it didn't have any tendon to avoid. Yay! I planned to share with Buckaroo, but he fell asleep, and I accidentally ate his portion.


Later, Buckaroo and I watched Becoming Jane with Anne Hathaway. That James McAvoy sure is easy on the eyes, I told Buckaroo, but he said he thought Hathaway was not convincing as Jane Austen. We both agreed that Maggie Smith (also known as Professor McGonagall) served as the perfect inspiration for Lady Catherine De Burgh. Dun Dun Dun.


I have to say that I was fairly spookified out here last night, but (praise be to the goddesses!) the rain has finally let up-- and yep, I'm knocking on knotty pine.

Comments