Who's that Girl?

Sweet P was required to wear full make up for her dance recital, and I didn't recognize her in the stuff. Oddly, I think the makeover made her look more like her dad.
The big dance event was last Saturday, and I have to admit I was dreading the four-hour extravaganza, but it turned out to be quite entertaining. In addition to Sweet P's "Hip Hop Meets Ballet" performance, there were a plethora of tiny children dressed as Mary Poppins, tiny frogs, and mini-ballerinas. Who can resist ooh-ing and aah-ing over costumed cherubs.
Even R said all of the pre-recital chaos (including midnight sobbing over unfinished homework projects) may have been worth it, and it would be ok if Sweet P wanted to continue next year.
I have to also admit that I was completely unprepared for the insanity that is beautification. I had never even heard of the Hairagami for crying out loud!
Fortunately, our neighbor gave me all of the good tips (even mentioning that some parents give their dancers post-performance flowers). Shew.
So we're ready for next year. It's a good thing, too, because Sweet P wants to add jazz dance to her repertoire.

Comments

Suzanne said…
She is gorgeoso! Oh my goodness!!!

She is going to have so much fun! I still remember much of the first bit of jazz dance I learned in 7th grade when I took my first jazz class. It was to Salt 'n Pepa's "Push It." I actually think it would be called hip-hop these days, but what the hay! It was FUN!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh is right - who is that young woman in the photo; could it be be my granddaughter? I'm glad Sweet P had fun - the joy shows in her beautiful face!!! Love, Mom
Anonymous said…
She did great!! Over the years, we too, have learned to just barely survive that dress rehearsal week. She'll LOVE Jazz! That's my daughter's favorite, although I prefer her tap routines. Bravo Sweet P!
patriciacaspers said…
Kelly: your girl was great, too! I was hoping Sweet P would opt for tap, but I'm happy that she's excited about something.

Mom: I hope you'll be able to see a show one of these days. I think it was taped.

Suzanne: You're definitely going to have to bust a move for us the next time we meet!