Update on the Move

Christ on a cracker, it's April.

Sweet Potato and I have given up homeschooling, and she's back on the playground as of this week. So far no one has called her four-eyes or stolen her milk money. Shew. It's difficult to say how it's really going because she's a bit tight-lipped about the whole thing, but she did mention that she's raised her hand to answer questions in class, and that's gotta be a good sign. I'll take anything. We're looking at it as a trial run for making friends before the big move.

R and I have purchased a GPS for the car-- so I won't get lost in the snow-- and a set of web cams for us and my parents, so we can pretend we're not really so far away.

Sweet Potato's dad (yep, that would be my ex-husband) has kindly offered to drive Pinot, our Highlander, as well as her Sweetness across the country. We're not quite sure why he's offered to do this, but we're taking him up on it.


We have not bought our plane tickets yet, which appears to have been a mistake as they've gone up considerably, but we're fairly certain our fly date is June 14.


At the end of the month I'm taking the three kidlets to Oregon to visit my Papa Orman. Buckaroo will not enjoy the ride, I am sure, and will probably make misery for the rest of us, but I'm afraid it must be done.


We have had our teeth cleaned in California for the last time. It turns out the hygenist grew up in Boston, and while she was scratching away at my teeth she said what everyone who grew up in Massachusetts says when they hear that we're moving, "I do miss it, but I sure don't miss the snow."


I couldn't speak because the suction was dangling from my lip, but I started to get teary with my tooth sensitivity and the thought of the snow, but then I thought, "At least R's parents aren't offering us a house in a red state! I'd rather have snow than republicans." It was such a happy thought that I made myself laugh out loud and the suction hose went flying.





Comments