Take Me Out to the Ballgame


We went to our first (well, mine anyway) Mass. baseball game. It wasn't the Red Sox, though, because the Red Sox game are apparently sold out for the next 50 years. We went to see the Lowell Spinners, a minor league team. I can't remember which team they were playing, but I'm pretty sure they lost. Did I mention I'm not much of a sports fan?
I did very much enjoy sitting in the bleachers at 9 p.m. on a warm, summer night. Obo and Sweet Potato mostly sat hunched near each other and grunted, only perking up to ask for the occasional junk food item. Buckaroo was wriggly and cranky until he figured out that he could run back and forth from one end of the bleachers to the other. Amazingly, when it was pointed out to him, he did stop to watch the pitch and the hit with more attention than I gave it.
I mostly enjoy people watching at these events. I do like the required clapping and stomping and shouting, too. If I wasn't trying to watch my wheat I probably would have enjoyed the fried dough as well.
The best part, though, was the view. It was all green, and there were some terra cotta smoke stacks with a matching terra cotta bridge, and then the most beautiful golden full moon. The whole night was worth that moon. Plus, no mosquitoes! And we didn't even get lost, thanks to our handy dandy GPS.
Buckaroo is now rubbing strawberry into the kitchen floor and eating it. Gotta dash!

Comments