More Adventures in De-Wheating

I realized that I left you all hanging with the half baked stout bread in my last post (from The Joy of Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Baking by Reinhart and Wallace), and I know how curious you must be. Here's the dealio: Buckaroo and R liked the stout bread. Buckaroo has eaten it for breakfast and dinner.

I, however, was not a fan. The bread is bready for sure. It has a fabulous-- dare-I-say wheat-like?-- texture, but as it turns out I just don't like the flavor of garbanzo bean flour, which is odd because I love me a chickpea. Dagnabit anyhow. It would lend itself well to a beer bread, though, and my friend Sparkle Mama has just the recipe to go with it. 

Sparkle Mama's Dragon Breath Dip

1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
1/4 Tsp. thyme
1/4 Tsp. marjoram
1/8 Tsp. pepper
2 Tbs. milk

Blend and serve. We call it Dragon Breath Dip for a reason, and I think the spiciness of this dip would be enough to overpower the garbanzo flour flavor of the stout bread. 


Comments