Post Script: Pancakes

I have a new pancake recipe thanks to my lovely Aunt Phyllis. Buckaroo and I found this one quite fluffy, but I did substitute milk for the water and added a smidge of vanilla and honey as well. I'm not sure that R will appreciate them as he is not a fan of coconut oil-- or coconut in any form-- but I liked them muchly, as did my five-year-old boy. 


Photo courtesy of Joshua at Wikimedia Commons
2 eggs 
Prepare wet and dry ingredients separately. Mix together. Heat skillet and a skosh of oil on medium until it sizzles with a splash of water. Pour a 1/4 cup of batter. Cook until the top bubbles, flip. I test for doneness by smooshing the top of the pancake. When it bounces back, it's ready. 
Yes, yum. I ate mine with apricot jam. 
Phyllis's Wheat-Free Pancakes

1/4 C milk 
1 Tsp vanilla
2 Tb coconut oil 
1 Tb honey
1 Cup of almond meal flour 
1 Tsp baking powder 
Pinch of salt. 


Comments