Update from the Canyon


Hello!

Has it been a minute or what?

Here's what's happening in my little crook of the canyon:

1. My friend Dana Ross is teaching me how to watercolor. I'm terrible at it, but she's an amazing artist, mentor, and person, and you should totally follow her on Instagram @Congruity.


2. My poem, "Twelfth Anniversary: Heat Lightning" is available from Quiddity International Literary Journal

Here's an excerpt:

There’s something to confess:
I rested with a stranger
on the steps of a Hindu temple and did not pray
but wondered at the possibility of God and ghosts, of lifetimes
crossed and re-crossed, of a vast nothing,
and our talk carried us from the chatter of guests
to the dim edge of the pool as it swallowed the moon
in its dark, wet mouth, and he spoke
of the twin who shared my name,
and the red wine printed itself on our lips,
black as the ink we cherish.

3. My most recent column is about travel and the after-travel hangover. You can read it here

4. I also have work forthcoming in Border Crossing, so keep an eyeball out for that. 

5. If you're looking for something to read that is not me, I recommend Rachel Coye's poem,
"New Year" in the New Yorker, and which I admire for its where-is-it-goingness, and then its smack-we're-hereness.

I am happily reading the New Yorker online for free via my public library. How I love a library. 

Er, but I may have some overdue books. 

6. Other than that, it is summer, and I am lazing, drinking hot tea in the hot sun, and I'm not even sorry. Oh, and I'm writing a novel. So. More on that to come!





Comments